No matter how thought-provoking your message, and no matter how well you deliver that message … if you aren’t connected to it, your presentation may not be as well received — nor as effective — as you would like. And that’s why the topic for this episode is connecting. And who better to discuss this with you but a veteran speaker who’s also an expert on connecting.
Listen in as Michelle Tillis Lederman shares why connecting is essential to your being a more compelling, more engaging speaker.
– Why connecting with your message is even more powerful than connecting with your audience
– Why authenticity matters to your audience
– The pros and cons (most cons) of scripting)
– The two parts of a talk that you should memorize
– How to use notes effectively, if at all
– How to engage others on Zoom
– How to be an inclusive speaker
About Michelle Tillis Lederman
One of Forbes Top 25 Networking Experts, Michelle is the author of four books including the internationally known, “The 11 Laws of Likability,” and her latest “The Connector’s Advantage.”
She is a connection creator and CEO of Executive Essentials, which provides customized communications and leadership programs for fortune 500, non-profit, university, and government clients.
A former finance executive and NYU Professor, Michelle is a regular in the media appearing on NBC, CBS, Fox, NPR, the Wall Street Journal, NY Times, CNBC, and others.
She is known for helping people work better together and advance their individual impact.
Get 52 easy-to-implement Public Speaking Tips that help you increase your impact, influence, and income!